Volunteer: Costs: Pay your own way
If you don't want to fundraise you can choose to cover all expenses on your own.What are the out-of-pocket costs?
- ▸ participation fee
- ▸ airfare
- ▸ lodging
- ▸ travel insurance
- ▸ background check
- ▸ visa
- ▸ food and drink (typically $15 to 30 per day, but may be $5 to $75, depending on your needs and preferences)
- ▸ passport
- ▸ airport transfers (typically $30 to $40, round trip)
- monetary donations to orphanages and other sites where we work
- ground transportation for all program activities
- a share of program overhead costs
- funding to sustain Buds to Blossoms
What is financial aid?
Buds to Blossoms provides financial aid to every volunteer who requests it. Financial aid is in effect a discount that reduces your participation fee, so that volunteers for whom this would be a hardship are still able to join the program. A space to request financial aid appears near the end of the application for the volunteer program.
Financial aid is provided on the honor system. Please only request financial aid if it would be impossible for you to pay the full participation fee.
The amount of the participation fee depends on the number of weeks you join the program and whether you request financial aid. See the table below for details. Note that all amounts are in US dollars.
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks|
|With Financial Aid||$900||$1,800||$2,700||$3,600|
|Without Financial Aid||$1,200||$2,400||$3,600||$4,800|